Thursday, December 6, 2007

I keep telling myself this is going to get old...

But no. My boy has been sick for the last 4 days. I don't know if it's any coincidence that he's also ditched class for the last 4 days. It's called "dead week" because everyone is busying studying, not because you're supposed to pretend that you're deceased and so you stay in bed for 15+ hours at a time. Yesterday he fooled me! Get this, he woke up at 8:30 because he has class at nine, he gets dressed brushes his teeth (normal human stuff) then I leave to go to class. I return home around 10 and he is...wait for it....playing computer games. Okay, so it wasn't so much of a shock and didn't need to build up but you get the point. Then he takes a nap around 10:30...perplexing isn't it? Wakes up around noon, mills about for an hour or so, then he's back asleep at 2 o clock! Here's where it gets fuzzy, at some point he managed to watch all of "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" and then be back in bed by 6 pm. His sleep schedule is so complicated I can't track it even when i write it all down! I think on tuesday he managed to watch 2 full length movies...like double feature status. Maybe I shouldn't use the word manage, that implies that there was some degree of difficulty in watching these 2 films. No, there was no effort extended in this practice. I don't even think he cared about one of them because he was watching anime with the volume up while the movie was going...geez.

So back to today, the 4th day in a row that he hasn't gone to class. Because he hasn't gone to class I also think that it's the 4th day in a row he hasn't left our room, save the one time he made an appearance in the dining hall. I thought to get sick you had to catch it from someone. But if he hasn't had any human interaction for 4 days and I'm good and healthy, is he just deteriorating? Yesterday he managed to watch anime from like 7 PM until 2 A.M. While watching cartoons I witnessed him consume:

A package of Reeses
A Snickers Bar
A bag of peanut M&Ms
AND
A Hersheys chocolate bar with almonds

I ran down to the gym as fast as I could. When he isn't watching anime or sleeping, he's watching TV in bed with the covers up. But he watches shit like "World's scariest police videos" and just about every piece of programming that comes on spike TV. He used to watch star trek but I think he is sick of it because he has viewed every episode. ever.

I'll leave you guys with a picture I took the other day and a small conclusion.

This is what I saw when I walked in at 5 PM. He is asleep with all the lights on and I think he might have been wearing shoes too....I wasn't even in the room, he's just a hibernating turd.


And maybe you think it's creepy that I take pictures of my sleeping roommate. But people look at pictures of naked children on the internet, I think I'm a little better off.

Anyways, living with this self certified genius has made me realize one thing. The guy with 90% of the brains and 10% of the effort is just as well off as the guy with 10% of the brains and 90% of the effort. You can go around telling people how smart you are all you want, but if you watch mindless television all day and sleep 60 percent of your life away, it doesn't mean anything. College credits don't count for shit in life.

Oh yeah, HI GRANDMA, LOVE YOU!

No comments: