Sunday, December 9, 2007

As if things couldn't get more ridiculous...

Finals week started today (if you consider a week to go from sunday to saturday). I've been doing work most of the week, the study room is packed full like it's never been before and I have finals on thursday and friday that I don't think I'm going to pass. Roomie has finals, but I guess he doesn't have to study for them or something. First it was the anime, and he watched a lot of it. Like so much that I feel like I might even know what's going on in season 5 of "Gundam". Today I guess he got his iTunes working or maybe he just remembered that he liked music. Well, that's what he calls it. As if everything about him couldn't get any worse, I come to find out that his favorite genre of music is "Death Metal". Specifically, System of a Down. Now, I remember buying their CD when I was in like 5th grade, and either they got really bad, or my taste in music changed a lot for the better. It's some terrible music. Because as if finals didn't want to make me kill myself enough, I have music playing with the word "death" in the title of it's genre. He's also been playing halo 3 for the past couple hours. I think he opted not to go to dinner because of it. So know he's listening to death metal and killing people on the internet. Wonderful. Meanwhile I'm looking over ideal gas equations and molarities while bumping that Miles Davis - Kind of Blue album like jazz is going out of style. I'm not religious by any means but he is. So I have one question: is this really where you want to be when Jesus comes back?


Aside: I've gotten several messages from distraught readers due to my classification of System of a Down as death metal. I just want to say, I don't discriminate; it all sounds like shit to me.

1 comment:

David said...

dude, dont dis death metal, system of a down definitely does NOT qualify as death metal. your bff would never get down with da raw shit