Tuesday, January 8, 2008

If it's not one thing, it's another...

Merry 2008 peoples. I'll be without a computer for the next week as my macbook goes out to Cutino CA or where ever Apple is located for a replacement hard drive...Yup, hard drive went caput. I wanna be mad at apple, but it ain't their fault. I guess I just want to be mad at something.

Oh hey what do you know? I moved back in with my roommate! There's something to be mad about! After 3 peaceful weeks at home I moved back into our slighty renovated and newly named dorm, "The Santa Catalina Ocean Towers". I suppose "Fuck Towers" wasn't a very endearing nickname for F.T....It's too bad too, this place is gonna suck now. When was the last time a name change did something good? Puff Daddy was Golden. But P Diddy? More like P Shitty.

So back to the man of the hour. Did he have a good break? I don't know, I really don't care. I don't talk to this guy and he don't talk to me. I'd have it no other way. I'm beginning to suspect that his new years resolution was something about giving up the World 'o Warcraft and doing something productive with his life. Well I guess he succeeded, Warcraft is gone. But of course that's only because he got some other game that will get all his attention and suck all the decency and humanity and priveldge out of this turd. Call of Duty 4 is the name of the game. He doesn't really play games though, he lives them. As of 9:51 PM tonight, he is on (according to my unofficial mental clock) hour 6 of his marathon session. I just sit here in bed on the homie's laptop while I watch this skeleton skinny lump squint and bug out his eyes as if to get inside the television and during respawns he wipes his finger inside a near empty pudding cup. Sorry buddy, but Jello didn't hide salvation in the bottom of that cup.

Last night he was on another tour of duty for god knows how long, I attempted to go to sleep around midnight. The haziness that ensued somewhere between being awake and passing out was broken up intermiteently by exclamations such as "Code Blue!", "They're flanking!" and "That noob is a puss!" It sounded like german troops were storming my dorm room, air strikes and all. At a quarter to two I told him to call it quits, I was feeling sick and I think it was the xbox live that was doing it to me. He managed to get up for class at 8 am too, although I shouldn't really be too surprised - his "time in bed" quota is way past complete, I'm surprised this guy doesn't run around during the night when everyone is asleep.

I'm about to get my life straightened out and hit the sheets but I'll leave you with this. Roomie managed to hobble himself down to the dining hall today (I don't know if he actually hobbles, I'm just guessing, I've never seen him take more than 5 paces) and bring back A HALF A BOX OF COOKIES from the dining hall. No joke, just stacked up on his desk like pringles. I guess a good soldier needs to stay fed!

No comments: