Monday, April 21, 2008

You're still reading this blog??

So I realize I write in this blog about how much my roommate sucks and how redundant his lifestyle is but I forgot to mention how much this blog sucks and how redundant it all sounds. My roommate had class today from 12-1 and then from 2-3:15 and slept through all of em. He played this horrifically violent and realistic first person shooter game on the 360 for most of the day and I had to bear the cries of waves of Nazi's as he mowed them down with his WWII era sniper semi auto. Now he's watching sci fi channel, eating twizzlers and washing them down with a squirt.

I can't really be mad at him for sleeping through all of his classes though, get this. At 2:45 last night the fire alarm went off in our building. It wakes you up with strobe lights in the hallway and this blaring alarm that they can probably hear on campus. I hop out of bed, look down the hall to a bunch of people half asleep looking out their doors like "Do we really need to do this?" I mean, afterall there was no imminent danger, no fire ala "Backdraft", nothing. But we all get dressed in 12 seconds and walk into the parking lot. This scene is epic I must admit. 600 kids, vacating one tower, everyone is half asleep and all literally got dressed in the dark. Everyone is pissed off and wearing booty shorts with the biggest parka they could find because it's like 50 degrees out. Luckily the homegirl brought down the keys to her car so we sat in there and laughed at everyone on the outside. I know I should have been angered and dead tired but the situation is just hilarious to me and so I couldn't help but crack jokes for 20 minutes until the fire truck showed up. It's like this big show, everyone comes outside, waits for the fire truck to pull up with all it's lights going off to give the clear and then we can all go back in and go to sleep.

So I got back into bed at like 330 and went to sleep at some point. By roommate went into fucking CSO mode and was walking around the parking lot with a flashlight just incase the sun goes out. He's all talking to the CSOs and trying to tell people shit when he forgets the golden rule. We don't take your shit when you're wearing your yellow polo, we sure as hell don't listen when you're wearing an OC Choppers hoody and some starter basketball shorts. Plus since this bitch is nocturnal he figures since he's awake it'd be a perfect time to go get a sandwich. This dude just posts and eats his sandwich in the middle of the night since he didn't want to go to sleep anyways. Long story short, I get woken up again at 5 o clock in the morning because the nuclear holocaust, chernobyl worthy alarm goes off again and everyone once again vacates into the parking lot. I was in a goofier mood simply because everyone else was even more pissed off and I was ready to throw in the towel on sleeping period because I was more awake than ever and the dining hall opened in 2 hours and I figured there must be some party still raging from the night before...I got back to sleep eventually and woke up in foul condition. I feel better now that I've gone to my classes though.

Back to the situation at hand though, dude is just chillin under the covers with the blinds half closed to avoid direct sunlight. I need to slip him some vitamin D pills (right? Sunlight deficiency?). I'm going to eat because I'm starving. Peace.

No comments: